Tuesday, March 9, 2010

8th March

Started yesterday to think about taking on a project.

I was listening to some ADE's talk about what they had achieved and realised that nothing I have done with the kids has really been 'amazing';  I mean it was at first but I'm looking for the new amazing.  I think I need to start small and plan ahead. 

I think that the kids that are engaged in my classroom are the kids that would be engaged anyway.  They're engaged for extrinsic reasons - they want to do well for their parents, to get ahead etc... which is great.  But I want to get the others, the ones I have to nag and whinge at to get work done.

I want to start a project that the kids care about, that they are interested in and will be intrinsically motivated to be a part of and that is challenging.

I was lucky enough to meet up with some awesome people at ITSC and came away with some leads to follow up.  I have a contact who could link our kids with kids from other communities, I have a bucket of money that I could apply for as well as some awesome ideas about the delivery of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment