Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Student Perspectives...

I took the last 15 minutes of my science lesson today to consult the kids about the project.  I put to them - the Essential Learning we need to cover, the content we need to cover and the eLearning Planner that I was using to plan [see below], and asked them for their ideas:


What’s wrong with you? Project

Student Consultation

Students expressed interest in finding out:
·     How does weather affect community health?
·     how does altitude affect family health?
·     comparing the size of communities and their respective health status,
·     comparing school canteens,
·     investigating community hospitals and comparing conditions, or
·     investigating the distance and access to health services i.e. Doctors, Hospitals…

They strongly suggest:
1.  It involves some type of excursion,
2.  we use the data loggers and the mapping element, and
3.  that I invest time in this because it sounds interesting to them.

I started a brief survey to find out any experts/sufferers we could potentially have access to.

Overall I found it a really positive activity.  I laid everything down to the kids and they reacted well, it actually inspired me to press on with it.

See eLearning Planner below:


 



No comments:

Post a Comment